Friday, May 04, 2012

Superbowl Par-tay!!

The Superbowl parties of our college days are a little different than the parties that we have now.  I think we enjoyed this party with our kids so much more!!  The kids really got into it this year.  Addie met Tyler Sash (a fellow Osky grad that plays for the NY Giants) at school and so she was obsessed with watching the game for him.  She even was asking questions about the game and knew who is leading the game.  It was cute! 

Here is a link to the video that CRI took at the Elementary school of Tyler dancing the Interlude dance with the kids. Man they loved that!!




Adam and I both enjoy watching football so it was really fun to see that she enjoyed it too!  I think Adam thinks it is funny that I enjoy watching football, but I think it was just how I was raised.  My Dad always watched the games and even though I was a girl I still watched football (and baseball and racing and college basketball) with him.....my Grandparents always did too.  Never really thought about it until then!!


I think I was looking for some normalcy with a newborn and so I suggested we make some fun snacky foods for the game.  After putting the first couple of things together....I remembered that yes....I had a newborn and I was TIRED!!  :-)  But we finished the food anyway! (Oh and I made Adam takes some pictures with me in them since there are barely any!!)


Here we were making brownies!  Yum!

Gotta lick that spoon!

Some other snacks!  Pinwheels and some yummy crackers and dip!

Nolan napped during the game of course!  Look how cute!!  He had on an adorable football outfit...but you can't see it!!

More cleaning out of the brownie bowl!! 

OK....Mommy better help clean it out too!!
We also had pizza and breadsticks and so by the time the game was at half time we were stuffed!!! 
We had so much fun and the Giants won the game!!  Addie was able to see Tyler on TV so she was thrilled!  It was just a really fun evening just the five of us!!

No comments: