I have been overly emotional over the last week. Nothing huge going on. We had a few big life conversations going. We had a couple of opportunities as a family pop up in the last week. It has made us sit down again and reevaluate our family and what we want and need for....well everyone.
We didn't need to make any serious decisions, but it stirs up all sorts of emotions for everyone. It is SO easy to stay where we are comfortable.....go with the easy....I mean come on.....sometimes change is just a huge pain in the you know what! Truly it is almost always good for us, but MAN it isn't easy sometimes.
Yesterday was a gray, cold rainy/sleety/snowy day and the kids (and I) were tired and crabby. The emotions of all that was on my mind and the weather were putting a serious damper on my attitude.
Adam had to travel out of town for work and was going to be late. This isn't unusual when he isn't busy. It is just part of the job and I thought I was prepared for it last night. However, I was trying to make supper, help with math homework, help a three year old color a picture, get the baby a snack...milk...a toy....don't eat the puzzle piece....don't crawl up on that.....you get the picture. It was chaos. With all my emotions, I couldn't handle it all. I was really overwhelmed and was feeling SO sorry for myself. Why can't I have family close by that just shows up and helps when I need it? Most people don't understand how hard a day can be when you spend all day with the kids and then you get NO break and you have to continue to do a great job. I wish that others would understand that I could use a break too. I don't work outside of the house, but truly being home all day with the kids sometimes a break is needed. Why don't people see that?
Poor me...poor me...poor me. Man it was pathetic. I tried to remind myself that my life was great. I was very blessed, my kids were healthy, I was healthy, we had very few worries, but it didn't seem to matter I was determined to make myself feel SO sorry for myself!
I had a good old cry out in the kitchen and let the emotions out. I think that helped a lot. I think just going to bed and waking up to a sunny new day helped the most.
Do you ever allow the your emotions to control your day? How were you able to change your attitude?

1 comment:
Evie,
I am constantly fighting different emotions. For me it seems to be mostly hormone related...on those days it seems to overwhelm me.
I am sorry that you have felt overwhelmed. I wish I had a transporter so I could be at your house in a minute :)
Post a Comment