Friday, April 04, 2014

Photo Dump Friday

Of course I have tons of things to do today.  We have all been sick and the meds I am on are really doing a number on my tummy so I think I will blog for a little bit while it calms down!!
 
We had a shortened spring break in March and one afternoon the girls wanted to cook.  I found a recipe for some banana oatmeal balls.  I helped them get the ingredients and then they made them by themselves.  I helped Addie cook them, but she did most of it all herself!

Not the most flattering picture of us, but a little selfie watching one of the first games of March Madness cheering for the Cyclones!  The kids have gotten used to my yelling at the TV!!  Nolan likes to yell "defense" and clap.  It is so funny!  Cyclones won and went on to play in the Sweet Sixteen.  Such a great season!! 

Addison had her first Father/Daughter dance a couple of weeks ago.  I will have to try to post a picture of them.  Nolan and Lauren didn't want to watch the Cyclones play so I set them up with a movie night in my bed with their couches, blankets and pillows.  They watched The Incredibles which I don't think Nolan had ever seen.  When I came back in once to check on them, Nolan was perched on the edge of the bed watching!    He had his Incredibles underwear on here over his diaper.  He still doesn't want anything to do with the potty, but we continue to try!!

Here was one of our first really warm days in March that we were able to get outside and play.  It has been a long, cold winter.  The kids were in the swings for quite a while!! 

We used to use the headphones on long car rides all the time, but lately just haven't done it.  For some reason, Nolan and Lauren wanted the headphones one day.  Nolan was mesmerized watching Frozen.  :-)

I think Nolan took a selfie here when I didn't know he had my phone!!

Lauren helped me make brownies for the Cyclones big Sweet Sixteen game.  We made dip, brownies and homemade pizzas for supper.  It was a lot of fun even if the Cyclones lost to UConn!
 
As I mentioned before, we all have been sick for a while.  The beginning of March it was strep.  Then we ended up with Mycoplasma the end of March.  The kids went down hard first.  Poor Nolan had huge naps.  I was trying to wake him up to get Addie from the bus.  I had the light on in his room, the curtains pulled back and I was talking to him and he still wasn't waking up.  Poor guy!!!

Adam and I went down next.   This stuff was tough and the worst of it was the fatigue.  One afternoon I knew I had to get the dishwasher emptied so I could reload it.  Nolan wanted to help so I set him up to put the silverware away.  At this age, the kids usually just throw the silverware in the drawer and it is a mess.  Not Nolan.  He neatly put every fork and spoon exactly were they belonged!! 
He was thrilled to get a quarter for his work.  Guess who just got a new job on the chore chart?!!
 
Day in and out I am just so floored at how big he is.  He seems like he grows faster than the girls did.  I know he is trying to keep up, but man it is going fast!!
 


No comments: