Shouldn't be rocket science right? Yet I read these websites like....Wholesome Baby Food and I am a little overwhelmed. Microwave veggies, steam veggies, puree with water, puree with milk or puree with no liquid.....good heavens!! Too many choices! There are definitely some pros and cons to all these choices so feel free to read the website in more depth.....if you have time!!
I just decided forget it. I can figure this out on my own!!
So I just microwaved a bag of veggies with one of these steam bags.
Then I just threw them in my food processor and let them cool for a little bit while I fed the baby cereal and talked to my mom.
Next I just pureed them on the highest speed with two ounces of milk for a few minutes. I stopped periodically to scrap the sides.
Then I looked over at the bubs and she was still doing good even though mom was makin lots of noise!!
Then I scooped the peas into a ice cube tray. I decided to fill them only half full since bubs is still learning how to eat. She doesn't really need a whole cube of peas at this point. I have a feeling these cubes might still be too large, but oh well! It was a little tricky filling the little squares, but I used a baby spoon which worked fantastic!!
So you can see it almost filled one tray. I probably would have needed two bags of peas if I had filled the cubes all the way. I threw them in the freezer and plan to put them into a freezer bag as soon as they are set up. Remember to label the bag with the date that they were frozen. This site recommends using the frozen peas within three months.
We will see what the bubs thinks of her new veggies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment