Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rubba Dub Dub

The day Nolan came home from the hospital we did his first bath.  I remember thinking in the hospital...I remember how to do all these things.  Good thing I had the nurse go through it all again with me.  I had forgotten some of it! (Soap here, no soap here, don't immerse the umbilical cord in the water, etc.)And.....bathing a baby boy is a little different than a girl!  Man gotta keep those parts covered!!!

He really didn't love it so much that night....but I think he was cold.  Part of the way through the bath we got our trusty old space heater out and warmed the bathroom up.  So different from a summer baby!  We bathed both of the girls out in the kitchen when they came home!!

Addie and Lauren wanted to help with the bath.  Addie mostly ended up just watching.


Lauren....she watched for about a minute and then was off to play!!

He was cold out of the tub too!   And look at how yellow he looked then!  We didn't really notice it at the time!!  The doctors had checked is bilirubin levels before we left the hospital and they were normal, but he did look a little jaundice.

Here he is finally nice and warm and dry!  And yes....his hair had a little red tint to it.  That has to be from Adam's side of the family I would think. 
We were smarter the third time around and just put him in sleepers and onesies that had the built in mittens.  I don't know about anyone else, but we have probably ten pairs of baby mittens and those silly things would always fall off the baby!!!  Anyway this is probably our favorite little sleeper he had as a newborn.  It has little footballs all over it and I should have taken a picture of the back....it has a big football on his bottom!!

No comments: