Thursday, September 06, 2012

A painting and labeling kind of day

One morning this spring Lauren and I decided to work on some projects together.  She would paint while I would work on labeling.
Lauren got this awesome paint set for Christmas.  She LOVES to paint.  It seriously will occupy her for up to an hour and half!  She mixes colors.  She cleans her brush, and sometimes she has even painted the whole paint container!  What I love is that it is all water based and I can just wash it all off!  I don't like messes, but this is one that I can handle!

Lauren was busy painting a picture.

Mixing some colors....

Getting some more blue to mix in....

Checking her brush.....

Mixing again!!

Nolan took a huge nap in the swing while we worked!

I had this hideous basket of cords.  What a mess.  Now that we have accumulated more electronics with teh kids we have cords for everything and they all look the same!  Adam would get so frustrated with me when he needed me to grab a cord.  I would search and sort and try to figure out what went with what.  Not a good thing!

I got this awesome Dymo label maker for Christmas.  Nerd I know! I absolutely love it.  I have been labeling things around here like mad.  (I got a laminator too!  Watch out!  Even more crazy projects to come!)
Anyway, I made labels for each of the cords.  It took me a while to figure out what each one was for, but I finally did. 

Then I wrapped each label around each cord at one end and folded it in half.  That way it stuck together and I could see what it was for.  Then I folded up each cord and put a twisty tie around each one to contain the mess!!

Meanwhile.....the artist in training was still busy painting away!

Finally my finished product!  All my cords neatly wrapped and labeled. 

I changed containers a few months after just so I could fit the cords into a certain space I was organizing. 
Then I labeled the container.  It is a little crooked, but it works!!
This was a great project to get finished!  Now the entire family knows where the cords are and where they go when the are finished with them.  Organizing success!!

No comments: