One cold rainy spring morning Lauren was really wanting to go outside to play. Nolan had been sick and I really didn't want to take him out that morning. I went to searching on Pinterest for some fun indoor play ideas.
I came up with a cloud dough sandbox. I made cloud dough out of 4 cups of flour and a 1/2 cup of baby oil in an old laundry tub. It makes the flour a little more firm to mold. That is half the amount the recipe calls for. I just didn't want to waste 8 cups of flour! That is expensive!!
I gave Lauren a bunch of measuring cups, spoons and forks and just let her play. She had a ball. I think she played in it for an hour and a half. That is a long time for Lauren to stick with anything!
We took her shirt off to help with the mess, but it really wasn't that bad. I think the next time we did it I didn't make her undress. It all wipes up really easily.
Buring things in her sandbox!
Concentrating hard! She had so much fun and asks for her inside sandbox a lot! The clean up was easy. She had dumped flour all over the table & flour and I was able to easily wipe it all up with a warm washcloth. That is a success in my book!!
Nolan sat playing in his bumbo seat for part of the time. He was four months old here. So chubby and cute!! And a little bald!
Looking at his ball and rattle. He mostly would just knock things off his bumbo at this point, but he was trying to play with them!! We made the most of the rainy cold day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment